Versatile and irresistible, this dressing effortlessly transforms a humble bowl of greens into a culinary masterpiece.
This recipe captures the essence of traditional Caesar dressing, marrying the silkiness of mayonnaise with the robust flavors of anchovies and garlic. A hint of Parmesan adds a velvety finish, while a squeeze of fresh lemon imparts a citrusy brightness.
This makes enough to dress a salad for 4 people, but i make it for two as i end up eating spoonfuls of the dressing before it makes it anywhere near a lettuce...
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 4 anchovies
- 1tbsp Lemmon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 g Parmesan, grated very finely
- Add all of the ingredients except the rapeseed oil, to a food processor and blitz for a few seconds
- Then very slowly and steadily pour in the rapeseed oil, whilst running the food processor on a medium speed
How to eat it?
Cos or Romaine lettuce, croutons, a few anchovies and some parmesan shavings.