Whilst these hors d'oeuvres can take a little time to prepare, they can be made well ahead of time and assembled in minutes. They are super fun to make - anything involving a cream whipper is awesome! A salt and light bite, and looks super impressive.
- 180 ml milk
- 60 ml double cream
- 20 ml white wine
- 4 Anchovies
- 6 slices of Parma ham or Prosciutto
- 60 g of Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Heat the anchovies in the white wine until fully broken down and reduced by half
- Stir in the milk and cream and heat until just boiling.
- Strain in a fine sieve or cheese cloth and leave to cool for an 30 mins
- Add to a .5 L siphon / espuma gun, add one nitrous oxide canister and shake for 1 min, cool in fridge for around 6 hours
- Cut and arrange circular slices of cured meat in muffin trays, in cup shapes and bake for 2 hours at 100c
- By eye, or using a chefs ring, create well spaced, 2 inch diameter parmesan circles on a baking sheet lined tray and bake at 200c for 5-8 mins, or under the grill until golden
- Keep an eye on the circles to prevent burning and then leave to cool for 20 mins when done
- Arrange the meat cups, fill with anchovy foam and garnish with cooled parmesan crisps