Lonzino, air dried pork loin, is a very simple whole muscle cure that has a wonderful tenderness to it, with a pronounced flavour and very little fat - its easy to add a variety of spices to experiment with different flavours and it doesn’t take long to dry due to the size of the cut!
- 850 g pork tenderloin
- 25 g Salt
- 10 g black pepper, crushed
- 2 g Juniper berries, crushed
- 7 g Smoked paprika
- 2 g Garlic, crushed
- 4 g Star anise, crushed
- 5 g Dextrose
- Mix all of the spiced together and rub into the pork tenderloin
- Seal in a ziplock back and store in the fridge, turning it over daily, for 14 days
- Remove the tenderloin and pat dry
- Insert the tenderloin into thin diameter roast netting
- Weight it and note it down!
- Hang at around 75RH and 12 - 15 c until it has lost 35% of its weight. This should take around 2 - 3 weeks!