This is a simple and effective Chorizo recipe, great sliced thinly or use thicker slices to cook with!
- 800 g Pork shoulder, diced
- 200 g Pork fat diced and frozen
- 0.50 g Bactoferm T-SPX
- 15 ml Distilled water
- 1 meter of beef middles
- 2.5 g Cure No 2
- 4 g Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 g Chilli powder
- 8 g Smoked paprika
- 10 g Minced garlic
- 5 g Dextrose
- 28 g Salt
- Soak the beef casings for at least an hour and run some water through to clean thoroughly.
- Add the Bactoferm to the distilled water at room temperature and leave for 30 mins.
- Chill your grinder in the fridge.
- Roughly chop the pork shoulder and pork fat.
- Put the fat in the freezer along with the diced pork shoulder until the pork shoulder is partially frozen.
- Assemble your grinder and put the diced pork shoulder and pork fat through a course grind.
- Add all of the ingredients above, along with the Bactoferm in the distilled water, to the ground shoulder and fat. Mix thoroughly.
- Add to stuffer and churn out two 12 inch lengths.
- To start the fermentation, add to your drying chamber at 95RH and 23c for 48 hours.
- Then switch to 75RH at 12c for the rest of the process, until the sausage has lost 35% of its weight. This should take around 25 -30 days!
How to eat it?
July 14, 2021
in theHome curing