A simple bacon cure to make a Japanese twist on the good ol' bacon sandwich. Perfect with some Okonomi sauce, tomato, lettuce and sandwiched between two slices of Tokyo milk loaf.
- 1 kg Pork belly
- 15 g Salt
- 15 g Sugar
- 70 g Miso
- 2.5 g Cure #1
- 10 ml Soy sauce
- Mix all the cure ingredients together and put in a zip lock freezer bag
- Add the pork belly to the bag and make sure it is covered in the cure all over
- Leave this in the fridge for 7 days, turning it over every day (this is important)
- After 7 days take the belly out of the bag and rinse it and pat dry
- Leave the belly in the fridge on a plate overnight
- Hang at 75RH at 6c for a week and then slice
- Slices can be cooked or vac sealed and frozen for later use!
How to eat it?
Try this with Okonomi sauce and Tokyo milk loaf. You can also try Kewpie mayonnaise!