The key here is the leek and chilli! Make sure you use a chilli that has some go to it, as it really adds a lovely dimension to this incredibly tasty sausage.
Please take a look at how-to-make-sausages, how-to-cook-sausages and the-science-of-great-sausages. These guides will apply to all the sausage recipes on this site and will provide you with a great primer!
- 600 g fatty pork shoulder diced
- 100 g pork fat
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 hot red chilli de-seeded
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 150 g leek steamed
- 50 g breadcrumbs fresh
- 1 meter hog casings soaked in warm water
- Place the diced pork and fat in the freezer about an hour ahead of time
- Soak about 1 meter of hog casings in warm water
- Cool the metal parts of your grinder and stuffer before use, if possible
- Remove the diced pork from the freezer when its got a frozen crust to it
- Grind the pork and fat into a bowl. Keep the bowl chilled whilst you prepare the spices
- Mix all the spice mix ingredients together in a bowl
- Add all of the ingredients, to the ground pork and fat and mix thoroughly, then chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Re-grind the mixture into a chilled bowl
- Stuff the mixture into the hog casing and twist off into 6 inch links
How to eat it?
July 14, 2021