One of my favourite summer sausages, and one of the first sausages i ever made myself. Sun dried tomato and mozzarella sausages pack a huge amount of flavour and moisture. They look superb too, with flecks of red, white and green!
Original recipe can be found on this amazing site! http://thespicysausage.com/recipes/sundriedtomatosausage.htm
Please take a look at how-to-make-sausages, how-to-cook-sausages and the-science-of-great-sausages. These guides will apply to all the sausage recipes on this site and will provide you with a great primer!
- 1 kg pork shoulder, diced
- 200 g pork fat
- 125 g ball of mozzarella, diced
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 80 g sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 meters hog casings soaked in warm water
- Place the diced pork and fat in the freezer about an hour ahead of time
- Soak about 2 meters of hog casings in warm water
- Cool the metal parts of your grinder and stuffer before use, if possible
- Remove the diced pork rom the freezer when its got a frozen crust to it
- Grind the pork and fat into a bowl. Keep the bowl chilled whilst you prepare the spices
- Mix all the spice mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients, to the ground pork and fat, and mix thoroughly, then chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Re-grind the mixture into a chilled bowl
- Stuff the mixture into the hog casing and twist off into 6 inch links