The most basic streaky bacon you can make - Simple to cure, easy to slice and freeze for later use, and of course best paired with two slices of bread and a hangover.
- 545 g pork belly
- 22 g salt
- 5 g black pepper, ground
- 1.3 g Cure No 1
- Mix all the cure ingredients together and put in a zip lock freezer bag
- Add the pork belly to the bag and make sure it is covered in the cure all over
- Leave this in the fridge for 7 days, turning it over every day (this is important)
- After 7 days take the belly out of the bag and rinse it and pat dry
- Leave the belly in the fridge on a plate overnight
- Hang at 75RH at 6c for a week and then slice
- Slices can be cooked or vac sealed and frozen for later use!
How to eat it?
July 14, 2021
in theHome curing