Bacon with the added warmth, sweetness, floral notes, and the touch of heat from Garam masala? Amazing in a Chapati, with fresh coriander and mango chutney - an Indian twist on a traditional British bacon sandwich!
- 500 g pork belly, skin removed
- 18 g salt
- 5 g black pepper, ground
- 5 g Garam masala
- 1.25 g Cure No 1
- Mix the salt, black pepper, garam masala and cure #1 together and put in a zip lock freezer bag
- Add the pork belly to the bag and make sure it is covered in the cure all over
- Leave this in the fridge for 7 days, turning it over every day (this is important)
- After 7 days take the belly out of the bag and rinse it and pat dry
- Leave the belly in the fridge on a plate overnight
- Hang at 75RH at 6c for a week and then slice
- Slices can be cooked or vac sealed and frozen for later use!
How to eat it?
Try it with fresh coriander and some mango chutney on a Chapati with some fresh coriander.